I am a Clinical Entrepreneur Mentor and a Global thought leader in my subject of patient insights.
As a successful entrepreneur and business owner Nick Hartshorne-Evans was diagnosed with Heart Failure in January 2010 at 39. His experience as a patient stimulated him into developing the only dedicated patient led Heart Failure charity in the UK the Pumping Marvellous Foundation.
After significant learning about not only the condition but also the health economy, Nick narrowed his focus to developing and evolving a charity that delivered patient led solutions developed by the patients themselves. The charities knowledge and value comes from the beneficiaries and is a valuable resource to health economies and has attracted international exposure. Recruiting driven and innovative beneficiaries is a key driver for the foundation. Developing solutions from the needs rather than thinking what the patient needs is a powerful stakeholder position. The Pumping Marvellous Foundation manages the world’s largest online community of heart failure patients through their innovative and rich data communities on Facebook.
Nick regularly engages and involves himself in both Global, European, National and Regional patient advocacy along with delivering patient led collaborative solutions at a local level.
• Patient expert with NICE on Technology Assessments (Pharma / MEDTECH)
• Mentor for NHS England’s Clinical Entrepreneur programme
• Patient representative for the current steering committee of the NICE Chronic Heart Failure Guidelines
• Member of the Scottish Heart Failure Hub
• Observer – National Advisory Committee for Heart Disease – Scotland
• Patient expert for several high profile NIHR funded research studies and programmes
• Founder of iHHub – President 2014-2016
• Board Advisor to the Canadian HeartLife Foundation
• Has worked with European Society of Cardiology’s Heart Failure Association as a patient expert, British Society for Heart
Failure and the British Society of Echocardiography amongst others
Nick is regularly consulted on the “patient opinion” both by key stakeholders and at conferences. His peers and partners across the health channels see him as a “Global Patient Opinion Leader” and an “over the horizon thinker.”